Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Cultivating the Leaders the World Needs

Hello, and welcome to my blog! My goal for this blog is to share my experiences and travels abroad, while also advocating for international education - and what better time to start than now! International education and study abroad programs are a booming industry, and will only become more and more prevalent in universities and organizations across the globe. They are trying to create global citizens - and it is my dream to create global citizens - so that we may begin understanding one another.

It seems many of the misunderstandings that come up in politics, wars, and disagreements stem from differences in culture, beliefs, and viewpoints. Therefore, the only way to create understanding is to create global citizens that will clear up these misunderstandings when the time comes.

I know that there has been widespread interest in international education, and I hope that anyone who happens upon this post and also advocates for global citizenship will follow my blog. In turn, I would be more than happy to follow yours. It is the constant dialogue of international educators and advocators that gives the discipline and industry the tools to climb to innumerable heights. In an attempt to keep this dialogue going, I welcome any and all comments and/or feedback.

Until the next post, dream to create!

No comments:

Post a Comment